My Top 5 TED Talks Of All Time

Hey You Guys!

  Long Time No See...

  Today I'm here to share something very special with you all I know that I'm a little absent but life is giving me a break so I've decided to dedicate more time to write my book and for my blog enough with excuses and let's get into it. Since I started to struggle with anxiety and depression I've developed a passion and a need for motivational talks, books and podcasts at that time I relied a lot on these resources to help me get through these "tough times". With that said I want to share you today 5 TED Talks that definitely made me grow as a professional and as a human being. 😉

1. HOW TO STOP SCREWING YOURSELF OVER! By: Mel Robbins

  This first talk mean a lot to me 'cause when I saw it for the first time everything she said was exactly what I needed to hear and I still watch this talk whenever I feel stuck or when I'm in doubt in life, this woman shares valuable lessons and I'm pretty sure you won't be able to see your life the way you do right now after watching this. I hope you learn something with each and one of talks but specially with this one that's why I put it on the top. I'll also leave her website here thus you can check up on what she's been up to.



2. THE PRACTICE OF MINDFULNESS! By: Diana Winston

  In 2014 after a lot of changes in my life I started to meditate to work with my anxiety problems and I found out about "Mindfulness Meditation" (which is the ability of paying attention to our present moment life experiences with the willingness to be with what it is) and this lady is one of the reasons why I started my practice and kept practicing, I've learned a lot about patience, love, gratitude, joy and happiness with her and I'm pretty sure you will too. I'll leave her website link here thus you can look it up a little more about her work with Mindfulness. 




3. MY PHILOSOPHY FOR A HAPPY LIFE! By: Sam Berns

  Every time I get the chance to use this talk in a class I do it and I do it for a number of reasons among them I could say the most important is that we ought to teach kids how to be strong, how to enjoy the little things in life and also appreciate the life they have because we have people like Sam who can teach us a lot about strength and happiness, he's such a role model to me and I hope his life story will touch you too. Unfortunately he died in 2014 at the age of 17 but he had a very happy life because he never complained about having a rare disease called "Progeria" that made he grow old very fast instead he surrounded himself with people that he loved to have a meaningful life, I hope you enjoy this talk and take these lessons for life. I'll leave the link here to the official website of Sam's life documentary.



4. A HILARIOUS CELEBRATION OF LIFELONG FEMALE FRIENDSHIP! By: Jane Fonda&Lily Tomlin

  This one I've selected because It was one of the first talks I've ever seen and I was so entertained with the topic and it was so fun to see these two ballsy kinda women together talking about something so important to be share and studied. We are all used to see them in movies and on tv but they are more than that image we've cultivated through the years and we start to see them as we see anybody else. Hope you like it!

Extra talk by Jane Fonda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHyR7p6_hn0



5. ALL THE LITTLE THINGS! By: Panti

  Definitely this is one of my favorite talks EVER! I'm in love with any kind of art and to me "Drag Queens" are artists but Panti is not here to talk about dressing up as women she talks about all the little things we as gay people don't get to do in public and it's so touching and she strikingly explain to everybody how does it feel when we have to face any kind of prejudice because we want to act normal in public with our partners but we can not do it without considering the consequences. 



  Well, these 5 talks were picked with love for you, I considered the level of importance and how they changed/taught me. I wanna do another post with my favorite talks of 2016 I hope everything works out and I get the time to do it. Thanks for reading!

See you next time...


Hugs,

Douglas Migliassi

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas