Review: Lady Gaga's Chromatica Album


  As a little monster myself (in my mind the biggest of them all) I couldn’t be happier to be writing this review article right now. You might think my opinion doesn’t count since I already like Lady Gaga’s sound but let me tell you why this is a huge mistake. If there’s one thing I learnt from all these years (more than ten) following this woman’s career and fandom is that if Mother Monster (that’s how we call her) doesn’t serve it like we know she can, they’ll eat her up, non-fans and more fiercely her fans, trust me. For some that may sound funny but the truth is, the bar is set very high for an artist like Lady Gaga and that’s partially her fault, she set the bar very high when she first appeared in the scene in 2009, she changed the game and now she’s back ten years later to do THE SAME.

Chromatica": confira as críticas sobre álbum de Lady Gaga | Yeah ...
  Chromatica is Lady Gaga’s sixth studio album, released on May 29, 2020 via Interscope Records. On March 2, 2020, Gaga originally announced the title of the album and its release date of April 10, but on March 24, she announced the album would be postponed due to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. On May 6, Gaga confirmed the final release date of May 29. On April 22, 2020, Gaga revealed the complete tracklist for the album and announced collaborations with Ariana Grande, Elton John and BLACKPINK on some of the tracks.

Tracklist

1.       Chromatica I
Segundo previsão inicial, com "Chromatica", Lady Gaga deve ter sua ...2.       Alice
3.       Stupid Love
4.       Rain On Me With Ariana Grande
5.       Free Woman
6.       Fun Tonight
7.       Chromatica II
8.       911
9.       Plastic Doll
10.     Sour Candy With BLACKPINK
11.     Enigma
12.     Replay
13.     Chromatica III
14.     Sine From Above With Elton John
15.     1000 Doves
16.     Babylon
17.     Love Me Right
18.     1000 Doves (Piano Demo)
19.    Stupid Love (Vitaclub Warehouse Remix) by Lady Gaga, BloodPop® & Burns (Ft. Vitaclub)
20.     Stupid Love (Ellis Remix) (Ft. Ellis)

  Overall the album bring us back and take us forward as far as Lady Gaga’s sound is concerned. You can see elements of her early hits and non-hits songs. The “Old Gaga” is back to show us why we fell in love with her in the first place but also to take her well-deserved spot in the hall of legends in the music industry. She’s proved countless times to be THAT b****. She’s fought for all the right things and stood up for her and other female artists throughout her career and now we can all sit back and enjoy the songs from an artist who knows herself better than anyone and is here to be the first one to start the important conversations in society through her music. Well done GAGA!

My favorite quotes from some of the songs.

Alice:
-         “Could you pull me out of this alive? (Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah)
Where's my body? I'm stuck in my mind (Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah)”.
P.s. As an advocate for mental issues myself these lines hit home for me, big time.

Stupid Love:
-         “Gotta quit this cryin', nobody's gonna
Heal me if I don't open the door
Kinda hard to believe, gotta have faith in me”.

Rain On Me With Ariana Grande:
-         “Gotta live my truth, not keep it bottled in
So I don't lose my mind, baby, yeah”.

Free Woman:
-         “I'm not nothing without a steady hand
I'm not nothing unless I know I can
I'm still something if I don't got a man
I'm a free woman, oh-oh (Be free)".

911:
-         “My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911
My biggest enemy is me ever since day one
Pop a 911, then pop another one”.

Sour Candy With BLACKPINK:
 “I'm hard on the outside
But if you give me time
Then I could make time for your love”.

Enigma:
-         “We could be lovers, even just tonight
We could be anything you want
We could be jokers, brought to the daylight
We could break all of our stigma”.

Replay:
-         “I don't know what to do, you don't know what to say
The scars on my mind are on replay, r-replay
The monster inside you is torturing me”.

Sine From Above With Elton John:
-         “Then the signal split in two
The sound created stars like me and you
Before there was love, there was silence
I heard one sine
And it healed my heart, heard a sine”.

1000 Doves:
-         “Lift me up, give me a start
'Cause I've been flying with some broken arms”.

Babylon:
-         “Strut it out, walk a mile
Serve it, ancient-city style
Talk it out, babble on
Battle for your life, Babylon
That's gossip, what you on?
Money don't talk, rip that song
Gossip, babble on
Battle for your life, Babylon”.

Love Me Right:
-         “I'm sick of hiding from myself
I don't wanna feel this pain
I don't wanna run far from my home
I don't wanna lose my way
I don't wanna be my friend no more
I don't wanna play this game”.

My Top 5 Songs From Chromatica:

1.Sour Candy With BLACKPINK
2.Babylon
3.Rain On Me With Ariana Grande
4.Sine From Above With Elton John
5.Alice

That’s All!
Hugs,

Douglas Migliassi

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas