Amazing People: Meet Lizzie Velasquez

Hi Guys!
How Are Things Going?


  Today I'll start a series of "Special" posts about people who are an inspiration to me as a person and as a professional. I have this theory that either life gives you the example of what to do and sometimes of what not to do but fortunately I've meet (sadly not in person) AMAZING people throughout my journey up until now that definitely have helped me to overcome all the challenges I have had to face and I'm pretty sure you will love them too and to start with one of the most inspiring person of all I've chosen to introduce to you (if you don't know her yet) the incredible Lizzie Velasquez.

  First things first I want you to know a little bit about her life and syndrome and the best way to do that is having Lizzie herself to do do that, check it out:




  Great, now that you got the chance to know her story I believe that you already love and admire her strength and kindness, she's such a brave person, she didn't choose to fight back those who called her "The Ugliest Woman In The World", instead she chose to show to her haters her success and accomplishments because it speaks more than anything that she could say and we could bring her example to our everyday life because at the end of the day we can all relate to her story and like she's always saying, she's not only telling her story she's telling everybody's story so I want to share with you 2 talks from her that have changed my life forever.

1.How Do YOU Define Yourself Lizzie Velasquez at TEDxAustinWomen



2. Une leçon pleine d'émotion - Lizzie Velasquez



 As you've heard by now she's an author and she has some titles I know you would love to read so I'll suggest the ones I've read.



Buy HERE!

  She's also a youtuber, she has an official channel on Youtube with weekly vlogs and videos. They're pretty nice, you can get a lot of inspiration from her videos as I told you she has dedicated her life to this cause and her videos are awesome, don't forget to check them out.



  To conclude I'd like to thank you for reading this post and also I'd like to say that having a voice without using it for good things is the same of wasting it/not having one, so as long as I live I'll be spreading the message of acceptance, compassion, inclusion and kindness. You don't have to be a famous singer/actor or football player to change the world, I think that if I can change the life of at least one person, that would be more than enough for me. I'm thankful for having this role models and  for discovering that I can be brave for myself, its accessible to all of us, confidence is inside of you and don't you ever be ashamed of showing it.

See you next time,

Douglas Migliassi

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas