Amazing People: Meet Mel Robbins


Hey You Guys!
What's Up Y'all?

  Today I'm gonna introduce to you one of my favorite "Motivational Speaker" ever, in fact the person who made me fall in love with stuff of that kind. Last week I introduced to you the beautiful story and journey of Lizzie Velasquez if you did not read, just click here and check it out, you will certainly love it. Today I want you to meet Mel Robbins, a motivational speaker, life coach, TV host, CNN commentator, writer and the creator of the "5 second rule". which I personally use everyday.

Resultado de imagem para Mel robbins
Mel Robbins
  My first contact with one of her many projects happened two years ago when I started college and was facing an incredible amount of self-judgment, fear, anxiety and a deep level of depression, let me tell you beforehand that this is not one of those stories where I'm gonna tell you that after I met someone my life magically changed, in fact, after I met her work she made me very uncomfortable and at times angry. Why is that? Simple! Because what she does is so fundamentally meaningful and life-changing that she challenges you to forget all the crap you've heard so far and get outside your comfort zone and when you take a chance toward these changes you feel a variety of feelings so later on I realized that I was angry at myself, not her and being uncomfortable is part of the process.

  Another thing that I learned with her and I think it's brilliant is the "5 Second Rule". Recently I saw an interview with her where she spoke about this rule and the book she wrote about it and she said something very interesting basically she said that motivation is garbage and also that you have to push yourself outside your comfort zone because that's where all the magic happens and using this rule you will find the impulse to go do it and this is very simple you just count from 1 to 5 backwards and this is send your brain the impulse that you're about to take an action but at the end of counting you gotta go out there and do what you wanna do.

  I don't know if I was able to explain as well as she can (probably not) that's why now I'm gonna give you the one Ted Talk that truly and fundamentally changed the way I used to see things and taught me so much, whenever I can I show this to my students because this is so inspiring well you'll see it:



  One of the best interviews I've seen from her so far is this one (below) where she talks about Motivation, she has some pretty interesting views on this particular topic and what's more interest is that while she speaks you keep checking with yourself to see if any of what she's saying is true and as it turns out most of them are, at least for me. check it out:




  On her YouTube Channel you will find more tips about things every person struggles with, it's totally worth following.



  Books I recommend:

Stop Saying You're Fine: The No-BS Guide to Getting What You WantThe 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage

BUY HERE

Check her website for more info: https://melrobbins.com/

That's all for today! Thanks for reading...


Hugs,


Douglas Migliassi

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas