Waffles Culinary Festival + Catching Up With Amanda

Hi There,
How's life?

   It's been almost 3 months since I got back home and only a few weeks ago I got to see one of my best friends Amanda, I wanted this moment to be special so I waited until there was something cool to do in the city with her. So when I saw this Waffles Festival Event I thought "OMG, I need to take her there!", I invited her to go out but I didn't say what we were going to do just to make her curious (She hates that by the way) but the day we were supposed to meet she sent me a message suggesting a place to go and for my surprise it was the place I was taking her that day (DAMN) so I didn't reply. The great side of living in a huge city like Sao Paulo is that there's always something else cool to do but I wanted to take her there anyway.

  The Waffles Culinary Festival was gonna take place at the Latin Memorial Cultural Complex in Barra Funda, one of the best neighborhoods in the city of Sao Paulo, It's reasonably safe and you can find pretty much everything you need in there, I learned that when I studied for four year in that neighborhood. Besides going there for these events (which are happening all year long) you should totally go there to check all the attractions they've got going on at the memorial but also the architecture that is its own show. Walking there makes you feel like you're walking around one of Brasilia's iconic buildings designed by Oscar Niemeyer. You can easily get there by the subway line RED or one of the many bus lines that stops right in front of the entrance door.  Just look out for the rush hours, buses can (and will) get a little crowded. I've already made a post about this place, you can click here to check it out but don't forget to translate into English with the tool I let available in the blog for y'all, 'cause I wrote that one for my Portuguese speakers. 

  When I got there a couple of minutes late my friend was not there (as I was expecting) she was still on her way which made me a little inpatient because it was the first time I was out by myself since I got here. I was still feeling out of place and scared to see that many people on the streets in a way it reminded me of NYC. When she got there we gave this BIG bear hug and head out to the Festival. We ended up sharing a large crepe while we were catching up. The day was great, sunny, wind and perfect to take a walk so we went to "Agua Branca's Park" that was nearby. This park is one of the best parks in the city (at least for me) I feel somehow safe, there's always something new to try food-wise and I love to see the animals passing by us.

  We both needed that moment, to talk and be heard. The interesting thing is that you don't need to heard anything back you just gotta know the person is listening and she was. I missed that. At times we got distracted by a group of people who were next to us dancing and moving like animals, we spent a great deal of time trying to figure it out. We talked about our lives, how it feels for me to be back among many other personal things that we could only trust each other to say.When the sun started to disappear we knew it was time to go. Feeling a lot softer we went home knowing that we were together again. Ready to dream the next dream alongside.  

Thanks for reading...
SEEYA
Douglas Migliassi

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas