How I Feel About Turning 25.

  Yeah, I turned 25 yesterday and since I woke up I've been very introspective and quiet, thinking about the lessons I've learnt in these 25 years. Who have I become? Am I where I wanted to be? Are things changing for the better? And so many other questions so I decided to share here some of the thoughts and conclusions that I had.

Image result for aging gifs  One of the things I'm pretty sure I've accomplished is the ability to be selfish when necessary and what I mean by this is actually quite simple, just being empowered enough to tell it like is and let things be 'cause it was for sure one of the hardest things for me to do. In my early 20's I remember being always very concerned about people's perceptions of me so it made me more anxious and definitely less happy. I've put people's needs before mine countless times and I've gotten to a place now where I always ask myself first what is it that I want. Even when it sounds ridiculous then if I don't know how to do something I ask for help, which is something I've gotten a lot better doing.

  Another thing that has changed big time during all these years is my ability to say NO to people, I guess this is somewhat linked with what I said before but still at the end of the day choices must be made, dues must be paid and the fear of failure should never be on the front seat of our lives.  So I really wanted to learn how to be more determined and unapologetic to own up to what I had to say. Throughout these years I've dealt with people trying to tell me what to do and how to act. Putting me inside their boxes and completely ignoring me as a human being maybe that's why I felt this need to be on good terms with everybody all the time even if that meant screwing up my mental health.

I had to let some people go because of it but you know what, it made me carry less weight. It opened up space for better things to come along.

Image result for friends getting older gifs  I also know much better how to pick my fights and block out people's negativity and expectations over my life choices. I don't see the point of getting into fights where I know I'm in disadvantage and I will end up upset or hurt or both. Shallow conversations, people, places do not do it for me anymore... I do like to have my fun, don't get me wrong however I feel like what I want for my life at this point is just a little more than just that. I know I'm destined for more.

  Turning 25 was weird but also very cool. When I was a teenager still very naive and insecure I did not know life would ever get better but it did, I mean I did, I earned my place and I still fight every day to show myself what I'm capable of. 'Cause I spent the first 25 years of my life showing family and friends I was worth it now I'm just leaving like I know it is true whether people believe it or not  Now, I just wonder what might happen in the next 25 years If I don't forget these valuable lessons.

Hugs,

Douglas Migliassi  

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas