The One Of How I Became A Tattooer

  It's been a long time, I know! (Monica's Pitch), Luckily lots have happened since my last post which I honestly don't remember what was about. I've always had this weird relationship with my personal blog. I'm always writing but I don't always feel like posting everything I do ended up writing mostly because it makes sense only to me to be complete fair. But I guess that's the power of writing, right? Being able to write shit up that makes sense not only to you but to other people as well.

  I'm now at a place in my life where everything I knew about myself has been thrown out the window. I'm now doing something I've always wanted to do which is working with art and there's more of that ahead, it's actually the main focus of this post. I'm in quarantine just like the rest of the world. Just daily watching those death tool numbers rising significantly each day. I'm in a great place with myself, I haven't had any panic attacks or anxiety crisis in a very long time. I've never been so consistent with my Buddhist practices. I'm in a relationship with a man I love, respect and admire. I've been managing to cope with everything rather well.

  Now that I've given you a quick update about what's going on with me let's go back to the main focus of this post. It all began in the beginning of the year, I believe it was February, before quarantine began here in Brazil. My brother came home with this tattooing kit. Machine, inks, needles and the whole initial supplies. He wanted me to start tattooing with him and I was a a little reluctant. As time went by I realized something. I've always wanted to work with something related to art because I've been an artist since I was a kid. I've paint and draw since always like I said before but I've never really saw a way to use my art to make money until now. 
  I started practing on fake skin and stuck with it for a couple of months. I kept doing my realistic pencil drawings whilst practicing on fake skin. Then, I moved to human skin. Small and not very complex drawings. The first person I tattooed was my brother and then after a few weeks I let him tattoo me. It was actually quite easy for me because I've been drawing my whole life and tattooing is just another way to draw. I've improved my tattoo skills a lot very fast and then clients started to pop up once they saw my work on Instagram. 
  My first unpaid client was one of my close friends, Carol which I met in the classroom when I was her English teacher, anyway, she choose two tattoos and I made both in one afternoon. I felt amazing and that feeling brought me hope. Before it all began I was unemployed and looking for a job as an intern but nothing came up for 8 months and my savings were almost over. Now, I'm making my money doing something that I love and makes me very happy but also something that brings joy to people. Now, it's been 6 months since I started tattooing and I've got my own shit my own little studio and my own clients and they keep coming back. And that's how I went from a teacher to a tattoo artist. 
Talk to you next time,

Hugs,

Douglas Migliassi

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas