We're Moving In Together

  It's been a couple of months now since the idea of moving in together first appeared I believe I was the one who said first I wanted to move out of my parent's house and for obvious reasons as you can guess. I'm 26 and I've never lived on my own, except in a few opportunities where I moved abroad but never in my own country. I remember saying that to my boyfriend, that's when he said he also wanted to take that step too, as soon as possible. In my mind I'd never do that with a person I had been dating for 3 months, so we dropped the topic of doing it together, for a while. 

  The months passed and things got harder and harder to bear in our homes. I saw how much he was struggling to cope with everything and I knew how hard it was for me dealing with a homophobic father and an ill&depressed mother. It was all too fucking much. And still is for the most part. But it got me thinking that I didn't want to take this step especially with him because things were going bad in my house. It's never a good reason to leave. And I should know. I've left on this terms before and it didn't pay off. I got to realize that the best way around this topic is to be READY. Mentally, emotionally and financially. 
  I've been struggling with two out of the three things I came up with to have a successful plan. I'm mentally strong but I'm emotionally overwhelmed  and my finances could be better. However, I've got THE feeling. You know, that feeling I've felt before. The one that tells me I should or shouldn't do it. This time around it says "Go For It" and I think I'm gonna take a leap of faith and just jump.

  In life, there's no guarantee... in anything.  And sometimes it's hard for me to be okay with so much unpredictability.  I like to know things beforehand and if you're a little like me you ought to know how overwhelming this "Just do it" thing is for me. It's a nightmare to be quite frank. However, I know it. I've done it before. Countless times and I have survived.  Every and each time I listened to my instinct. 

  We have been through a lot together, as a couple and as individuals, we feel ready to take that step now. We saved money. We had countless conversations about moving in together.  We started to buy our stuff months ago and we feel this deep and mighty respect for each other. This feeling makes us eager to take care of each other, to protect and face the world together. We know, there are a lot of stuff at stake here however if you don't play big, you'll never win big. 😉

Hugs,

Douglas Migliassi

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas