26 Already

  Every birthday I try to do this exercise of going back down the memory lane to reflect upon the things I've been trough the past year and how in the hell I was able to overcome them, what was the lesson and if I have learned them. This year wasn't any different even thought from all the years that I've been alive 2020 has pushed me (and apparently everyone) to the limit, emotionally and financially. I went through a roller-coaster of emotions. I started a new academic course. I became a tattooer and opened my very own Tattoo Shop. I found the love of my life. I move in with him. We have an apartment and a dog together. And I was capable to do all of it amidst a global pandemic A.K.A Covid-19. 


  It wasn't easy for me. Nothing has ever been easy for a person like me. What I mean by that is simply that being a member of the LGBTQ+ community I have to earn everything that I accomplish. I have to go out there conquer and then get the respect that for many people who aren't part of my community already have as nothing out of the ordinary. For instance, I dated my partner secretly for months because I didn't know how my Dad would react until the moment came and everything happened smoothly and quite fast to be honest. Now, he is totally fine with it and he even made a whole speech in front of everybody saying how he much he was glad he got to meet my boyfriend and also that he was like a new son for him. My boyfriend is a nurse and took care of his wounds when he got into an accident. 

  Changing my profession was another thing that have really shaken up my life in terms of stability and mental health. During this pandemic we have all reinvented ourselves to make our livings. I had thought of opening up my own Tattoo Studio for a while but never have I ever thought I'd do it during a global pandemic. I'm the kind of person who likes safety by all means and this was not the time to do it but being unemployed as an English Teacher gave me that extra push to do it and I couldn't be more proud. Since I started working as a Tattooer I've bettered my craft, I've learned so much about art and I've also made a lot of money that I used to pay the bills and the rest I invested back in the business. 

  I'm optimistic and willing to do whatever it takes to lead a happier and joyful life. <3

Hugs,

Douglas Migliassi

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas