Full Review: The Little Mermaid Live Action

FIRST WATCH

  If you've known me for a while you know how crazy I am about Ariel and 'The Little Mermaid ' in general. I've seen it last Saturday however there are so many elements I wanna bring here to discussthat at this moment I'm just gonna tell my my first impressions and then I'll go watch it again and take notes so I don't let anything unnoticed. Well, "Halle Bailey" is Ariel, no doubt, she brought the whole theater to tears. Not even the macho men could hold their tears in. But like I said I don't wanna give so much of my review now. Go watch it as soon as you can and I'll do the same after the moving out. Yeah, life's a complete mess, an organized mess nevertheless.
Update: July 12th 2023
SECOND WATCH

  Yesterday I watched "The Little Mermaid" in the theater again. Now I can give you a more elaborated review of the movie. The first time didn't count because that day I had such a horrible day and I couldn't concentrate. Even though yesterday wasn't an easy day too I was focused and excited to immerse myself into the movie no matter what.

  This is the last week to catch this movie on the theaters here in Brazil so it was yesterday or never for me. When I got inside the theater room it was relatively empty and I got excited because it meant that the chances of being bothered were little but as the first twenty minutes after the movie started the room got full but that's not the issue here, it got full of kids and parents holding their babies. Yeah, I should've predicted that, after all it's a Disney movie. Even though I never think of these movies as children's movies at the end of the day it is marketed as such.
It got so loud that we had to move to the front seats to find a quieter place.

Anyways...
  I loved every scene with Halle Bailey, besides being an incredible singer she's an awesome actress, she's got a very captivating way to look at the camera. It feels like she's enchanting you. She is the only one in this entire movie that gave me that Disney magic/feeling I was expecting to get. I can't say that without any regrets that she's the star of this movie and it wouldn't have worked with anybody else playing this role. She was born for this. 

  The low points for me of the movie were the disappointing Ursula's scenes, singing and acting. I know Melissa is a great actress but in this role she didn't meet the expectation bestowed upon her. This is such an iconic role, one that she wasn't the right choice. Eric was a great choice the only thing I didn't like was  his singing scene it was uncalled for. It shouldn't have made the cut. Besides that, he was a perfect fit for the character and he delivered everything I expected from him. 
  I loved Jodi's cameo in the movie it was so clever and well done. It warmed my heart. Well, to bring this post to a conclusion I just want to say I can't wait until this movie is available on Disney plus so I can watch it over and over again. And yes, I cried during 'Part of your world ' as I already knew would happen. I have an everlasting relationship with this song that is unexplainable. 

🧜🧜‍♀️🧜‍♂️

Xoxo

Douglas Migliassi 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas